Roomba i7+ Clean Base Teardown

Okay, I’ve bought a working Clean Base and measured:

• R5 - 20Ω
  • R6 - 107 kΩ
  • R8 - 100Ω
  • R9 - 1.8 kΩ
  • R10 - 0.47Ω (not 47Ω!), replaced with a 1Ω resistor and it seems to work fine too
  • R11 - 20 kΩ

My base is fixed now.

1 Like

Do you happen to have any high resolution board shots? If you’d like to send them my way, I’m happy to host them and link them!

I don’t have anything around me, but I can take some pictures if necessary.

It’s a pretty common issue in these bases - I had to order another one to measure the elements (a used one), and the first one that came to me was broken in exactly the same way. It’s easy and cheap to fix, you just need a proper schematic (I’ll try to make one when I find time).

i have an i8 roomba and it appears my issue is the switch for the “bag is there indicator” no longer works as a new bag does not turn off the red light and the clean base does not go on automatically anymore. my question is can i just connect the two wires shown on the board and bypass that sensor? i know it will never tell me when the bag is full, but at least it would work. and thanks for posting this teardown.

actually, i need to bypass "the bag is installed switch " that is engaged when you push that plastic part of the bag into place. can i just bypass that switch by connecting the leads together so it always thinks a bag is installed?

I’m not familiar with the newer bases, but that should work to bypass the switches. You may also be able to contact support and get a replacement switch, but I’m not sure if they ship individual parts.

any idea how to go about getting my i7 to properly dock on to its clean base? It always attempts to mount the base slightly off angle and also shifted to the right a bit. it then attempts to correct its positioning but decides to back up and try again, repeatedly. Eventually it gives up and I have to put it back on the base manually.

I’ve polished the scratches 99% out of the front reflective mirror on the base. Seems to have helped but not enough to make it successful. any suggestions are welcome. I’d rather not tear the entire thing apart needlessly if something externally can fix the issue.

thanks.

Have you cleaned the power contacts on the clean base and the bottom of the Roomba? Make sure those don’t have gunk on it - I’ve seen mine refuse to accept it’s seated properly because there was enough crud on one or the other to prevent them from making electrical contact. Usually, putting it on by hand gets it close enough to charge, but scrape anything off those and see what happens.

Do you have a regular charging base you can try and see if it behaves on that, to isolate which side has the problem?

Though honestly, I’m not really using ours and I should sell it.

Try cleaning the optical sensors (dust) on the base and i7. Make sure you have about 0.5m clear space on either side of the docking station

Hi there
I Need to know what the red Part is. On the picture in the right corner above. Do someone habe details so I Can Order it somethere

Thanks

There should be some numbers on the side of it that can help you identify it.

In the board RV2, the Part for Ursels is burned